Queen Sirikit National Convention Center (QSNCC) was named after Thailand’s Queen and is located in the heart of Bangkok on Ratchadaphisek Road, near Benjakitti Park. Hustlers Bangkok is located on Sukhumvit Road not far from the main entrance of this park, in the basement of Times Square Building.
1. QSNCC is Thailand’s first purpose-build convention center and has a theatre-style hall that can hold up to 6.000 people.
2. Both international and national events, such as conferences, fairs, and exhibitions, are held here.
3. QSNCC was designed by a leading Thai architectural firm to reflect Thai culture and heritage.
4. More than 1,000 construction workers were hired to construct the building.
5. More than 100 designers came up with the design of the building.
6. It took only 16 months to finish this project, compared to the usual 40 months for a project of this scale.
7. It was officially opened by King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit on August 29, 1991.
8. QSNCC was named after the Queen of Thailand in honor of her 60th Birthday which is celebrate each year on August 12.
9. The center was originally built to host the 46th Annual Meeting of the World Bank Group and IMF Boards of Governors in 1991.
10. On July 17, 2017, The Bangkok Post reported that QSNCC will be demolished and a 5-star hotel will be built on the property.
Enjoy this video of QSNCC: